Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting pagenumbers in subreports / Drill down reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAFCrew

Programmer
Jan 5, 2005
GB
Hi guys,

In the report footer section of a sub report I have a total based on the figures on all of the report. The sub report also provides a drill down of information contained on the main report that i want to appear at the end of the report should the user only want to see the top level information

The problem is the totals that are in the subreport report footer are appearing on the bottom of the page when the user drills down to it. This is obviously becuase as far as crystal is concerned this is the bottom of the report. I have tried conditionally setting the pagenumber or totalpagecount functions but i am struggling to find a condition to pass it as to when i want it to show the totals.

I have removed it by just setting the pagenumber to totalpagecount-1 but i now need to find an IF condition as to when this should be = totalpagecount i.e. show the totals.

I hope this makes sense?! Does anyone have any ideas / better ways of doing this etc?

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Matt

Are you saying that you don't want the totals to show during drilldown? You can format the subreport report footer to suppress during drilldown by using a formula like:

drilldowngrouplevel <> 0

-LB

HI Lbass,

Thanks for this. That is what i am saying, but unfortunaltey I have already tried a selection of these type formulas, but they dont seem to work.

Everytime you drill down the totals still appear. I need to find a way of convincing it that its not the last page, but then need a condition to add in when i actually do want it to appear!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

CC

Ignore that Lbass, I have had a play around with this, and it has worked :D

Thank you very much.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back