Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Outbound ANI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmail

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
IP 403 with 12 channel PRI, and 20 DID numbers. How do I set up the outbound ANI for each user. Do I need to set up each user with a new short code? If so, what is the detail or how should the Shortcode look?

Thanks.

I guess you mean the outgoing caler ID, as long as you insert the whole number in the Incoming call routes when configuring your direct dial numbers the system will forward that number when making calls. Thats in NZ anyway, if not you can use the short code

Short Code ?
Tel Number .s "Number" (No speech marks required)
Line 0
Feature Dial

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

ANI is the calling number indication passed between exchanges and is supposed to not be changeable (it being what the authorities would use to trace you back).

CLID is the calling number that gets displayed at the remote end and can sometimes be changed by the calling switch or by your PSTN provider.

Did anyone figure this out ?
We just started to have a problem last Friday.

Our Main Fax line has recently started showing an ANI (is this right ??) number of our main switchboard 518 8100 where in fact our FAX number is 518 9700 according to QWEST. The caller ID still shows as 518 9700 but QWEST tells me the ANI shows up as 518 8100 (main swicthboard)

Our main line is PIN protected (PAC Codes) for long distance calls for accounting purposes. So now since the source number coming from the FAX is 518 8100 (main number) it is prompting for a PAC code.

AVAYA wants to bill me for some that has not been changed even though we have a service contract. Seems they also stopped using the WebEx software to troubleshoot so now I have to setup some BS dial-in for them to bill me .. go figure .. F*** you Avaya you get $400 per month from us for what ??

Last time this switch went wobbly it started dialing 911 amongst other crazy random numbers, AVAYA eventually replaced the unit, I kinda figured that to be a problem when the Fire Engines got here ..

Where can I look to see what the outgoing routes are on the switch software ???

I have not made a single change to this system.
Help advice appreciated !

Alan Andrews
KITCO Fiber Optics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back