Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Location and Alias in CR10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfokas

Programmer
Apr 28, 2002
In migrating some reports CR8.5 to CR10, I've discovered that the Set Location and Set Alias options are no longer available in CR10. They are replaced with Set Data Source Location and it seems that one can only set the location by browsing to the appropriate procedure/table.

Is there a way to manual enter the procedure name for the location or at least not save the database name with the stored procedure?

I run some of these reports against different databases with the same schema on different servers. With CR8.5, I would simply verify the database to select the server and database name and run the report. If the database name is stored along with the procedure in CR10, how can I run these reports without having to browse to procedure every time?

Go to Database > Set Datasource Location, and in the top part of the window, expand the procedure > expand Properties > and set the Overridden Qualified Table Name to the name of the procedure (i.e. "GetClientPickList;1").

I think this is only an issue with older reports, and doesn't happen (at least in my experience) with reports created in CR 10.

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back