Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting internal traffic to an external ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott0011

Technical User
Dec 1, 2008
US
Hi, hopefully this is an easy question. I have an ASA5505, we have a block of IPs from our ISP. We also have an Exchange server internally, I would like the Exchange server to send out emails through a specific external IP different from our primary one, i.e. the main external IP of the ASA is xxx.xxx.xxx.2 and I want emails to be seen as going out on xxx.xxx.xxx.4. How do I direct the traffic from the Exchange server's internal IP to the specific external IP?

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for the suggestion, but I thought that just dealt with incoming traffic not outgoing. Also I forgot to mention we have 2 exchange boxes, one front end for email scanning and other duties, and a backend machine where the actual mailboxes reside. So email come in on the front-end and go out on the backend. So I need incoming emails to come in on the .4 IP to the front-end and go on the back-end to .4.

Its been a bit but I think if you place a static one to one NAT to the backend server and then do a static PAT for port 25 to the frontend server. I will check my notes to be sure, but give it a try.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back