Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting height and width for an image in an Outlook email signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamjim

Instructor
Mar 17, 2008
US
I'm struggling to define height and width of an image we want to include in an email signature with Outlook. Right now, the image loads in an enlarged, blurry state of about 600 pixels wide. The native resolution in the image file is only 450 pixels wide. Can anyone recommend a way to define a 450 by 100 pixel image in an Outlook signature?

Code:
objSelection.TypeParagraph() 
Set objShape = objSelection.InlineShapes.AddPicture("\\10ad01.company.com\NETLOGON\email-signature.png")
objSelection.Hyperlinks.Add objShape,"[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.website.com/"[/URL]

To clarify, I understand there is some monkey business in the ppi of the image. The current image has 72 ppi metadata embedded. I believe Outlook prefers 96 ppi to avoid this scaling issue (450*96 = 600*72). I'm hoping to find explicit height/width scale in VBS to avoid the manual setting of 96 ppi metadata in our graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back