Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Foxpro background color 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBob

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
GB
I would like to start VFP6 with the main window background set to yellow. I've read the Help on color schemes but I'm none the wiser.

I thought this would be simple. Can anyone help?

In your "startup" program put:

_screen.BackColor = rgb(255,255,128) && Yellow
_screen.ForeColor = rgb(0,0,0) && black

The startup program can be specified in all VFP versions in the CONFIG.FPW with _STARTUP=<>. In VFP 6 & 7, you can also set it in Menu -> Tools -> Options... -> File Locations (tab) -> Startup Program.

Rick

Thanks! As a beginner to Foxpro, it's easy to spend far too long trying to find answers like this!

Hi SuperBob,

1. Create a MyBack.PRG and put in that the following code..
** As rick specified..
_screen.BackColor = rgb(255,255,128) && Yellow
_screen.ForeColor = rgb(0,0,0) && black
and save it in the VFP directory.

2. Now use explorer and reach the VFP directory.. and select VFP7.exe or VFP6.exe .. whichever you use. Right Click mouse over it and send it to Desktop as shortcut.
Close all the windows opened..

3. Now right click over the desktop icon..
Select properties.. and in the.. Target Box..
C:\VFP7\VFP7.EXE or such similar thing..
add at the end the text..
MyBack
and save it.
Now every time, you start VFP, this two line programe is run and you get your results.
:) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

I have trouble remembering where I do things - and later why I did them. In self defence I start up with the main vfp window minimized to the task bar, do all the housekeeping stuff and then expand the window. The first few lines of the initial application program are the same for every application.

kenith

I have trouble remembering where I do things - and later why I did them. In self defence I start up with the main vfp window minimized to the task bar, do all the housekeeping stuff and then expand the window. The first few lines of the initial application program are the same for every application.

What there a question?
Mike Gagnon

Hi Mike,

Thought it was an answer, but guess not. My point is that I find it more meaningful to put initialization code in the starting program of the application rather than the foxpro startup or config files. Background color schemes for my A/P, A/R and other accounting systems are similar but noticable different. It helps the user adjust to different presentations a little more easily but most of all it helps me. When a user calls to say their program is broken my first question is &quot;what color is the background of the broken application&quot;.

Ken

Ken

When a user calls to say their program is broken my first question is &quot;what color is the background of the broken application&quot;.

Unless the guy is color blind, then you could go with &quot;Accounts payable&quot; as a title at the top. [dazed]

Mike Gagnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back