Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting folder permission through web application

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevoldavis

Programmer
Mar 6, 2005
US
I am creating a web application that when a user goes to it it will force them to login against their Active Directory credentials. If they supply a valid username/password, it creates a virtul web directory and ftp directory then creats a physical folder ob the harddrive of the web server and emails them a confirmation with instructions on how to ftp files onto their website. I have gotten everything working except for folder permissions for their physical directory. I am stumped I hav looked on google for about 6 hours and cannot figure anything out. I need to add the user name to the security tab and give them write access to their newly created folder. Nothig I have read seems to work, I have tried Syste.DirectoryServices and System.IO but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated... C# or VB.NET will do

I'm not sure if you can. If the ASPNET account had permissions to grant acess on any folder to any account it wouldn't be very secure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help finding an answer?

Try the search facilty ( or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

you need to look into the adsi sdk.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
There's no such thing as a winnable war - Sting

That is what I am trying to use, my app is impersinating another account that has elevated rights so it is not really a security problem and it is only an intranet app. I cannot find the proper namespace in ADSI to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back