Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting field in table to user input

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrynmd

MIS
Sep 6, 2000
US
I am a MIS student working on a work-study database project. For this DB, I automatically import a text file into a table each week. I wish to allow the user to define the date of the information to go into a field. I know how to format the field for today's date, however this won't work if the user cannot import data each Friday since I then query the table by date. (This is a database regarding timecard information). I was hoping to have an input box of somekind that could be linked to the field, but so far Access doesn't like my code - Is it possible to define a input in a table?
If anyone could help me that would be great!
- Kerryn :) [sig][/sig]

How are you automatically importing your text? If it is through code, use an InputBox to get the date from the user. If you are importing it into an existing table, then change the default property of the field to the input date prior to the import.

If you are creating a new table every time, use the InputBox to get the date. Then after the import, add a field to the table using the TableDef object. Then run an update query to put the date in the field.

Let me know if that sounds like what you want. [sig]<p>Kathryn<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back