Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Excel export options for Infoview

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennyb01

Technical User
Jul 8, 2007
GB
Hi,

Crystal Reports XI R2, Microsoft SQL Server 2005

I have a report that is available on demand via Infoview. The user wants to export to Excel, however when she does, there are no gridlines, and also the column headers are repeated throughout the report (at every page break).

Within Crystal Reports itself, it is possible to set the Excel export format so that gridlines show, and also so that the headers appear only once. Can this be done for on demand reports in Infoview as well? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Penny

In InfoView you have the option to export to EXCEL or EXCEL (Data Only)...have her try the data-only option and see if that is closer to her output spec.

If the report doesn't take long to run you can set all those options on the JobServer and get the user to schedule the report just before viewing.

Not ideal I guess, but at least you have a lot more control over the export that way.

I find the best thing to do is format your report in Crystal how you want it, ie, Bold Headers, underline etc, and make it as neat and tidy as you can. And then, the the best export format from Crystal into Excel is "Microsoft Excel - Data Only" and then ensure "Export Page Header & Footer" is ticked, and also "Export Object Formatting".

This should ensure your report is put in Excel in proper Column row format, with gridlines etc. In fact, it should look pretty much as if it was created in Excel itself.

UrbanHim
Crystal XI Report Writer
London
[shadeshappy]
[small]What's the best cure for a hangover?... Heavy drinking the night before!![/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back