Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting default font size in Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyespi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2001
US
Hi all,

how would I go about setting the default font size in my Word documents? Everytime I open a new doc to type, it is set to Times New Roman, and the font size is 10. I want it to be Ariel and font size 12 every time!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Mr.eyespi

On the menu choose Format-->Font, select the desired default font settings, then click on the "Default..." button on the bottom left of the Font popup window.

When you do that a msgbox will pop up that says &quot;Do you want to change the default font to <whatever you choose>? This will affect all new documents based on the NORMAL template.&quot; Choose &quot;Yes&quot;. That's all there is to it.

Set the default font
If your document already contains text formatted with the properties you want to use, select that text.
On the Format menu, click Font.
Select the options you want to apply to the default font. If you selected text in step 1, the properties you want will appear in the dialog box.
For Help on an option, click the question mark , and then click the option.

Click Default.
Any new document you open will use the font settings you selected.

Thank you everyone for all of your help!!! it works just fine now...

Best regards,

Mr.eyespi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back