Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Default Export Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMus

Technical User
Aug 23, 2000
US
When I click to export/save a report the default directory is the C:\TEMP directory. How can I change this so that the default is C:\My Documents?

Also, do you know of a way to have a scheduled report automatically export a file with a "hard coded" file name?

Thanks,

Rus

I don't think there is a control for the default export directory. If there is it would be in the registry and there isn't a key for this by default.

Export file names are always defaulted based on the report name. I don't know of a way to change this. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

By default, Crystal 8.x will export to the directory that is setup as the "Temp" directory. If your machine is a Win 2K machine, you can change this by going to the Properties of "My Computer" and clicking on the "Environment Variables" button on the Advanced tab. Crystal 8.x will use the Temp User variables in the top section if they are different from the System Variables in the bottom section. You can change the Temp settings as you need.

However, I would highly recommend that you not change the Temp settings to My documents! If you do, you will find My documents littered with hundreds of temporary files. Most Windows apps create some kind of temporary file, printing creates temporary files, Crystal creates many temporary files, etc., etc. If you really want to move it out of C:\Temp, you might want to create My Documents\Temp and set that as your Temp directory.

HTH,

John Marrett
Crystal Reports & Crystal Enterprise Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back