Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting a task with sub-tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptj

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
GB
Hi all

I'm new to sharepoint and trying to find a way of having tasks with sub-tasks.

For example, each time our company exhibits we have to do things like book the space, book internet access, book hotels etc etc.

I would like to be able to say create a 'New Exhibition' & a whole load of related sub-tasks appear that could be ticked-off as they are completed.

Ideally they could be timed as due at different dates prior to the event & I need to be able to see an overview of all exhibitions pending & their status.

Could anyone please give me an idea of how the best way to achieve this in Sharepoint? (Version 2007, MOSS, will be getting InfoPath installed as well)

Many thanks in anticipation,

Phil

Hi Phil,

I don't have MOSS, but I imagine the project part has this function built into it. It's supposed to mimic MSProject, right?

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
Pity the insomniac dyslexic agnostic. He stays up all night, wondering if there really is a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back