Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

seting up point to point on 0X32

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizerath

Vendor
Jan 9, 2003
US
I am trying to connect 2 0X32 systems with a point-to-point T1. Both systems have 7.0 software. The offsite location has a DTI card and the main site has 2 DTI cards; 1 for PRI and one for the point-to-point. We set up the lines as E&M on both sides as follows:
line 031: E&M
ans mode: auto
Ans with DISA: Y
Line Pool E
When we access the line pool, we get stutter dial tone from the other site. I know that by using disa i have to set up COS Passwords. However, When turn disa off, we get system dialtone. From what i have read, you should be able to access a line pool and disa dn and be able to dial target lines. We can dial target lines but cannot access the line pools. Also, are you able to just dial a 3 digit extension and ring a phone? We can't do that at this time.
Here is another problem. The remote site can access and use channels 2 through 24 but not chanel 1 and vice versa on the main campus.
The customer wants all lines at the main campus for use by both sites. the remote site sill have no copper lines or PRI. they want to be able to pick up the phone and dial out the PRI and receive DID calls at the remote site through the main site as well as be able to dial each others extension. Is this possible for all these requests to happen? If so how bad will the routing be? Someone told me that special network software might be needed to do all of this but i am not sure.
I know this is alot but i would really love some help on this. Thank you in advance and happy holidays.

you cant access the external line pool from the far end because you have not allowed remote access in programming

Thanks for the info. on the remote access. That took care of a lot of issues that we are having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back