Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seting up an intercom group 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMag

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
I am trying to set up an intercom group, and unfortunatly I do not have any documentation for our definity system, all I have is the feature manuals which tells me what it does but not how to do it, If any one can shed any light I would be grateful.

Thanks

Simon

add interc 1
add interc next
cha interc 1
cha sta NNNN
Go to lamp button assignments
assign button as follows
6: dial-icom Grp: 1
Press button

You may also want to look at group speaker paging

Hope this helps -

Giles. 44 1628 59 7342

Thanks for the info on seting up intercom groups, worked like a dream. How would I go about seting up group speaker paging?

Thanks

Simon.

Simon - the command is add group 1. The group extension field will be the number you dial to do a group page. Hope this helps.

Speaker paging is pretty handy (and really impresses the user-base).

As Roche quite rightly said, first you need to add or change the group page group - like so (please excuse the formatting):
add group-page 7 Page 1 of 1
GROUP PAGING USING SPEAKERPHONE
Group Number: 7 Group Extension:
Group Name: COR: 1
GROUP MEMBER ASSIGNMENTS
Ext Name Ext Name
1: 17:
2: 18:

Once members have been added, simply call the allocated extention. Bear in mind that whatever you say will be voiced over all member extentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back