Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seting delayed ring to an extension with a basic phone on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickalty

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
US
Hi... On a 012 with ring generator, we wish to use a regular basic one-line phone, but have it set on delayed ring. However, since it's not a Merlin phone I can't do the feature *36 to set the line to delayed ring.

I assume I have to do it from the MLX-20 through system programming, but I can't see how.

Also, is there a way to use a basic phone attached to the 012 as an extension without assigning a trunk line to that extension at all? If I assign a trunk to the extension, the phone has an outside dial tone, and can make and receive outside calls. If I assign no trunks to it, the phone does not have a dial tone at all, and can't make inside calls, though it can receive them.

Thanks in advance, Richard

Item 1 can be addressed in the following manner at the MLX-20:

Menu > System Program > Start/Exit > More > Cntrl Program > Program Extension > Dial the Extension Number and press ENTER.

Then touch any line button (or intercom/SA button) and then dial *36.

At that same point, press an Intercom/SA button and Dial *14, then press each intercom button in the order you want them to be chosen, then press enter.

That should do it.

In regards to item #2: you don't have to "assign a trunk" to the analog station in order to make internal calls.

Internal calls are made over a System Access or Intercom appearence, which every analog phone has (even though they're not broken out into individual buttons).

If you're not able to draw internal dialtone, go back to Centralized Programming for that phone and do the *14 thing that merlinman suggested above. Don't include *36 though, that's the code to set delayed ringing.

Use restrictions to prevent the user from making outbound calls. Can inbound calls to that extension be blocked? Maybe. I'd need a whole lot more detail about the way inbound calls are processed (live operator, automated attendant, do you use DIDs, etc) before I could make any suggestions.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back