Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set X axis labels in chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekkyun

Technical User
Oct 23, 2003
GB
I have a stacked bar chart in MS access 2003 and need to set x axis labels (currently not displayed). This is easy in Excel as I can select Chart / source data option from menu. Unfortunately this option is not available when using Access.
Does anyone know of way to to this?

You can typically go to the design view of your form or report and double-click the chart to open its design view. From there, you can set various properties like you would in Excel.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Yes, most properties can be set but not x axis category labels using source data option as per excel it seems.

I can understand that the data source is different in access and I will be unable to just select a range as per excel, so maybe the answer is in the data structure?
I have currently set rowsource property of graph to query result structured as per example below:-

Booking code 01/10/2010 02/10/2010
A 0.5 0.3
B 20.6 1.5

I want to see dates as x axis labels, so maybe my data structure is wrong. I have tried various other options though and failed.
Can you get it to work?

I have tried that but this just transforms the stacked bars so that I see dates instead of the booking codes. I am still unable to see x axis labels.

I can't see your raw data or your chart or your labels or what you want to appear on your axis labels. You might want to connect to your Access query from Excel and create your chart there.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back