Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set up short code to re record AA message vm pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy610

Programmer
Apr 3, 2009
US
how do i set up a code to record a aa message in VM pro?

i know how to record through vm pro but i would like to leave the user a code to dial if they wanted to change the greeting on their own

I'm sure Kyle will chime in with his standard base configuration, and I kinda stole this from him.

I make all of my recordings numbers. 800.wav, 801.wav, etc.

Then I build a module menuRecordings.

In there I have a menu with ??? option, which goes to a edit play list fuction, with $KEY.wav as the File path.

Make a list of every recording "801 is day attendant, 802 is night, etc".

Create a short code like **7575/VoicemailCollect/"menuRecordings"

PIN protect the START POINT in that menurecordings module so random people don't access it.

OR just make a big ass menu with a ton of edit play lists for every recording you have.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Should add, they can then dial **7575, enter the pin (if one exists), then dial the number of the recording they wish to change.

-Austin
qrcode.png

You will need a "edit play list" action.
Put it in a module and make a shortcode pointing to the module.

You can create menu for multiple wav's.

If really needed i can give you a module i crested myself (now for 40 greetings)
Only downside is that you need to document it :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

beat you by 2 minutes :)

-Austin
qrcode.png

holy moley way to make it more complicated than necessary! lol.

Using digits is soooo simple. I'm gonna give you a star for all the work though.

-Austin
qrcode.png

It is easy when you know it :)
When you have a lot of creatings that can change then it is very very helpfull.

You just document which text has which number and you save yourself a lot of time.

BAZINGA!

I suppose...
But...you can create one module very quickly with 2 actions in it..a menu and a edit play list. I keep a document handy for customers with the tables/numbers built out, then I just copy and paste what they typed up for the greeting into the document and send it back to them.
I'll usually use the ATT text to speech tool online to generate a wav then use adobe audition to convert it. Upload it, and its done. Then they can re-record whatever they want.

But to each is own :)

-Austin
qrcode.png

But that uses your intervention.
We do not want that, too much hassle.

BAZINGA!

uhm...copy...paste...into a browser address bar? Download the zip file? extract it...import it into voicemail pro...

-Austin
qrcode.png

well yeah!! but when i import it vmpro says it cant import that file.

huh..i didn't have any issues with it. What version of vmpro are you running? if its anything older than 8, probably not gonna work.

-Austin
qrcode.png

If they only have a few menu greetings, then I match it up to the embedded codes. I use the short codes *8401, *8402, etc to link to the short code modules with a single edit play list in each. Also put a pin on everything.

To allow changing the greeting remotely, drop the star (8401) and beef up the pin.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Indeed for just a couple of greetings it is not needed.
But we do a lot of doctors and they need a lot of strange call flows with a lot of different messages.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back