Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up of Fax Line in CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentsteenholdt1

Technical User
Jul 12, 2011
AU
Hi Guys,

While I like to think of myself as a bit of an expert on the Avaya CS1000 side of things, when it comes to CallPilot I can get confused and lost rather quickly. I'm sure this is quite simple to set up but I'm just not putting the final pieces of glue together to get it to work and would love some help.

Scenario/Situation.

I have a DN that is a dedicated Fax line (does not get voice calls). I would like to get this Fax Line to be answered by CallPilot and have end-users use the CallPilot Desktop client to pull down faxes as they come in.

-----
Current Configuration

From what I can see, this should happen in order for this to work.

DN (eg 6000) > goes to a CDN > CDN points to CallPiot > SDN of CDN configured on CallPilot as "One Number Voice Fax Call Answering" > Mailbox DN 6000 configured with Mailbox class to accept faxes.

-----
Current Problem

The problem is though with this configuration, Callpilot answers the call and immediately drops it (disconnect).

Looking at my DSP's and licenses, everything looks like it is set up correctly. I can see the two channels that are dedicated to fax.

-----

To just note, when I use "Express to Fax Messaging", it works fine. But this means someone must know the DN!?

Cheers,

Trent

Trent Steenholdt

Systems Engineer
The University of Notre Dame Australia

-Great scott!

You set up the CDN in the switch, but did you run Config Wizard to add it to the system? Just like your phone is forwarded to a Voice Messaging CDN in the Call Pilot you need a Multi-media CDN as well and it needs to be acquired by Call Pilot.

Look into this. Faxing is not that hard on the Call Pilot. You are almost there.

Here is the scenario i use in working (PSTN) i'm working to get CallPilot working over ITSP (not working at the moment).
-DN Fax is a phantom that forward to the CDN defined in the callpilot as a Multimedia Messaging.
-Then define the user as a Executive User with CallPilot Desktp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back