Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up 2nd Caller ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill211

Technical User
Jun 9, 2008
US
Can I set up a DIFFERENT outgoing Caller ID, for a specific project?

We have a contract with an organization, where people call a toll free number, and we set up an appointment for them. We later call them back to remind them, a day before their appointment.

We had someone call us asking why we're calling them. I realized that the caller ID that showed on his phone was our main company number, which he didn't recognize.

I see that it would be better for the phone number for the company we're contracting with, to be the Caller ID, ONLY when we make reminder calls.

How would I set up a different Caller ID? For one specific extension, I assume.

We currently have our main number as the Caller ID, for all extensions.
I want to keep my current caller ID for all other calls/extensions.

We have PRI lines, IP 500 v2 version 8.1

Thank you,
Bill

Set up a new ARS that sends the special caller id, and a short code such as 8N/dial/N/ARS-special CID.
Dial these calls with 8 instead of 9

Depending on your region and service provider, you may be prevented from displaying outgoing CLID that you do not own.

You can also assign the CLID number in the shortcode itself as opposed to in the ARS table. I typically do it that way so... 8N//Dial//Nz"NAME HERE"s123123123//50:main

- Qz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back