Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up 200r and speedtouch 510 with routed IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilkoB

Technical User
May 13, 2004
NL
Sadly enough my network provider is not capable to help me out so I am trying my luck here.

I have to set up a 200R for a VPN connection with my main office. For this I have a DSL connection with a block of 8 public IP addresses and a speedtouch 510 to set up the DSL connection to the ISP (PPPoa)
According to the ISP I have to use routed IP on the SpeedTouch and this is basically all information I got!!

Can anybody help me out here. How do I have to set up the 200R so that I can access it through the public IP address from the outside world.
The plan is to set up a tunnel but also have a couple of remote workers connect to the 200R

You need to configure the DSL modem to route all VPN traffic to the 200R. Typically the easiest way to do this is to set the DSL modem to passthrough mode.

With passthrough mode the 200R's WAN IP address should be your public IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back