Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set timeout for idle sessions in metaframe XPe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbritton18

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2007
CA
I am having problems with idle sessions sitting on my citrix servers for more then 2 hours. I was wondering how can I get these sessions to get logged off or close by Citrix. How do I do this?

rbritton18,
You can remove any "idle" or "disconnected" session by going into the Citrix Connection Configuration utility and setting a time limit on those idle/disconnected sessions.

Go to Start-Programs-Citrix and look for the Citrix Connection Configuration utility and fire it up. You should see the ICA and RDP protocols in there....just double-click the ICA-TCP protocol and go to the advanced section (I think...its been a while). Here you will see the settings for your connections and they are configurable.

Please note that you have to do this on all of your Citrix servers and that the existing sessions will not get this configuration until they log out...and log back in.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help enigma99. That was the right instructions. I hope this fixes my problems with idle sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back