Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set time for File History backup to run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
I searched on the internet and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell Windows 8.1 File History backup what time to run!!! I have it set for once a day, but I want it at 9:00 p.m. and not whenever it feels like running. How can there be no schedule feature?!?!?!?! Or do I not know how to google a question?

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Step 4: You can click on ‘Advanced Settings’ to modify the way that File History works. The default setting is for hourly back-ups – which is probably fine for most people – but you can vary this period from 10 minutes to 24 hours"

Read more:

If something like the above is not suitable for you then perhaps a third party option is a consideration?

But still nothing to "run backup at X:00"?!? I find it kind of ridiculous that the minimum backup is once per day. What happened to once per week? Again, subtraction by subtraction in Win8. Oh how I love to hate windows 8. I know, wrong thread.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back