Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set sendmail to send from another computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padama

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2008
US
Curently I have an exchange mail server with about 50 users on it. I also have a Qmail server with about 200 users on it. These mail server host for the same domain. email is deliverd to the exchange server and all unknown users are forwarded to the qmail server. This works great. What I am having a problem with is that I run mailing lists, forums and other programs on the qmail server. all these programs use qmail to send emails to users. qmail is unable to send to anyone on the exchange server. qmail sees an email for mydomain.com and says hay thats me, tries to find the local box but cant because it is on the exchange server and bounces it. how can I get these messages to the exchange server?

You can't do that. qmail does not have a notion of "split local domain delivery".

you cannot run mailling lists via qmail using "local delivery" (as required by ezmlm) and then use remote delivery for users of that domain on another server when you originate from your mailing list.

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back