Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Screen Resolution with Group Policy?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraubungle

Technical User
Apr 19, 2004
GB
Is it possible to set the screen resolution for all users/computers under Group Policy's??

I have been told you can but i ant find it anywhere

Mark.

I'm not aware of any way to do this under Windows 2000. It may be possible under Windows 2003.

The display settings for GPOs are controlled via a couple of areas. Display settings will be per-user.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display has most of the relevant displays ettings.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop will have the remaining settings (mostly the Active Desktop pieces, if installed).

The only way in Windows 2000 that you might be able to control the screen resolution via GPO is if create a desktop theme and specify that all PCs would use it. I'm not sure if that would do it though, because I don't think that screen resolutions are stored in themes (or visual styles, as they call them now).

You should be able to set the screen resolution through a logon script.

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back