Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Printer Orientation in VFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkwong

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
US
Is there an easy way in VFP to set the printer orientation without user involve?

I would like to force the printer to "Portrait" all the time.

Thanks

In the Page Setup of the Report Designer you can set it up...

go to Page Setup and do it there

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc
Farmington Hills, Michigan

Ali,

What if the same report will be printing on different printers?

Thanks

fkwong

Take a look at faq184-1934 and instead of dealing with the changing the tray, modify the code to work with the orientation of the report.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Hi fkwong,

Look in this link.
How to hack FRX file to strip printer driver information
faq184-581

The hacker is modified to take care of retaining the orientation set while development time. SO if you create the report with the orientation set to whatever you want and then use the above code in the FAQ to strip the printer driver, the orientation will be preserved.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

How about i compile the program into EXE include the report file. So is it possible to change the orientation during run time ?

How about i compile the program into EXE include the report file. So is it possible to change the orientation during run time ?

If you remove the information for the report (as Ramani suggested) and use SYS(1037) before your send the job to the printer, probably.(Untested)

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back