Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set printer in VB at run-time before report.PrintOut

Status
Not open for further replies.

meryls

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
US
Our application is using Crystal XI and VB6.

When our users run reports, they can select to have the report go directly to the printer.

Recently, we've run into a problem where the report would not go to the printer at all. Investigation showed I had set the report page setup in design mode to "No Printer". So I "fixed" this, and set the report to default to my HP black and white printer on my development PC. Now, when our users send the report to a color printer (their default), it only prints black and white.

Am I doing something wrong??? Shouldn't the report.PrintOut go to the user's run-time default printer? Are there some settings in Crystal that are causing my reports to ignore the run-time default printer and use the design-time printer?

Can I force the assignment of the printer to the run-time system default printer in VB? I know how to retrieve the default printer within VB6, but I don't know how to set it for the report before it runs.

Thanks so much for your help!
Meryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back