Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set pausechar to null

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk1996

Technical User
Mar 1, 2004
US
I am trying to set the pause character to null or nothing in my startup script by using the set pausechar 0 instead of the default ~. The startup script will compile, but when I try and run the script I get Error 1: Value out of range, are you not able to set the pause character to null using the script?

According to the help file, values for this command have to be ASCII 32 to 126, so that is why you are seeing the error.

Are you trying to set the pause character to something other than the tilde so you can transmit it in a string? If so, you can do that by adding the RAW keyword at the end of a transmit command like this:

transmit "string" RAW

Yes, i am transmitting the ~ as part of a string, but since it is the default pause character the script gets hung up on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back