Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Location command fails. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddamsgaard

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
I have this problem concerning the Set Location command in Crystal Reports:

I created a report based on an Access MDB file.

I created a new Access MDB file with revised information.

I used the Set Location command to change the location and the name of the MDB file that Crystal Reports is looking at.

The (Crystal Reports) report produces correct information based on the new MDB file.

But, the individual fields in the report show the old file location when you hover the cursor over the field (example: 0531ARData.1 Openamt instead of ARData.1 Openamt).

And, the Set Location dialog box shows the incorrect MDB in the upper list box of the Set Location dialog box. (The dialog box does show the correct MDB in the Location/File: textbox.)

While I’m getting the correct information, there is something I’m missing/doing wrong and I’d like to get it resolved before I spend more time on this project.

When I attempt to redo the Set Location command, I do not get any prompt to "propagate data across tables..."

This is my first real report in Crystal so thanks in advance for your help.

Your report is still using the old alias for the new datasource. You need to Set Alias from the database menu.

Naith

U should delete the old data from ur report.
then u will know what is wrong and what is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back