Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set Image component as non-movable in IDE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1l

Programmer
Dec 21, 2002
US
I use Delphi ver 2007 and wanted to know if there's any way to load a VCL form with an image1 component and flag it as non-movable in the IDE or lock it down in the form while editing.
I'm duplicating an existing and rather complex paper form into a program. I add nearly 92 edit & checkbox components on the Image1 and carefully line them up with the background image. The struggle is when editing i'm continually inadvertently moving the background image. With enough time I'll realign them all but it would be so much easier to have some way to lock the image in the IDE. At run-time its perfectly locked but not while editing.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the luxury of trying Delphi 2007 but in D7 there is an option to "Save Desktop". Once saved, you can recall it at will.

HTH

Roo
Delphi Rules!

contain your image and controls into a tpanel, set image alignment to alclient, align panel to whatever you need to and design without worries...

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back