Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set form beside screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jengo

Programmer
Apr 17, 2000
US
Is there a way to place a form outside of the screen or change the screen parameters so it thinks it's smaller on one side so I can place my form there? I would like to place a program that sits around or beside all the others but not on top of them so you can still see the other programs without anything being in the way.

- Zac

I think there is a way of making your form almost transparent - I don't have my code in front of me as I type this but I'll get it for you..... Sorry to have to make you wait...

are you wanting to have your form visible at the side, and when a user maximises another app it only maximizes to the available visible desktop and leaves your app in view... if this is the case it is possible (icq2002 has this feature i think) but i imagine it will mean messing around with api etc!!

'------------------------''---------'
'maximised app ''your app '
' '' '
' '' '
' '' '
' '' '
' '' '
' '' '
'------------------------''---------'
'taskbar '
'-----------------------------------'

unfortunately at the moment i dont know how it is done (i just know its possible) as i say i imagine it uses win32 api.

i will have a sit down and see if i can figure it out, but in the meantime hopefully one of the experianced api tek-tippers will see this and may be able to shed some light!

sorry to build your hopes up!

If somethings hard to do, its not worth doing - Homer Simpson

just done some digging on developer fusion and heres a link that may get you started:-

alternately you could search "taskbar style application" at catagory programming languages/visual basic, turns up many hits(of which most wont help but its a start)

If somethings hard to do, its not worth doing - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back