Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

justM1

Vendor
Jun 9, 2008
Hi all, it is cs1000e rls 5. I have installed MC32s card and defined it under node then Card and programmed its TN as VGW channels, At first step this card was not booting and after using Setleader command and element manager config it got boots, i also updated it patches (using IPL), In Em config it shows as follower but on MC32s screen it shows L000, as leader, i need to set it to follower, Can somebody point short steps to do that??
Further is there any update loadware of MC32s present on ESPL/Nortel site?? i couldnt find any option of MC32s for updated loadware.

Regards

hello,
you have to setup the MC32S card in the EM under Node correctly (MAC Adress !!!!)
Afterwards log in the MC32S Card and do clearLeader and boot. Afterwards the MC32S Card sends a bootp message and the SigServer will provide the informations via bootp to the MC32S
regards
wallae

Plug into the front of the card via procomm login to it and issue the ClearLeader command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back