Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Focus to a VB application

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl280328

Programmer
Jun 15, 2006
US
This is a shot in the dark, but we have a product that is written in VB 6. The product then a calls some webpages that are in the local host of the user's machine through IIS. The pages will always be on the local machine of the user like this. When the ASP pages are called from the VB application they come up communicate with some DLLs, create some PDFs and so on. My question is, is there a way that when a user clicks a button or something to transfer focus back to the VB application from the ASP pages?

there is no way I know of to reference objects within an executable from an ASP page. What you may be able to think up however is an event handler in the VB app that does something upon whatever it is your ASP page posts back to it. Say the ASP page sets a value in a database and only upon the focus returning to the VB app does it check for that value and act upon it

General FAQ faq333-2924
5 steps to asking a question faq333-3811

or if this is a intranet app you can validate (client side) all the applications the user has open and set focus to the one you want (the VB App) on a click event from the ASP page as a client side vbscript. I'm sure WMI could easily do that

General FAQ faq333-2924
5 steps to asking a question faq333-3811

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back