Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set default keyboard "enable indicator on taskbar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostexchange

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
GB
Hi,

Each time one of my users log onto a new Citrix server thy have to enable the keyboard language icon in the taskbar. Is there a way of setting the keyboard "enable indicator on taskbar" to be on as default to save the user haveing to go into control pannel and set it each time. Is there a registy key that can be set to always show it icon in the taskbar?

Also is there a way of stopping the Outlook question of "do you want to set Outlook as your default mail manager?"

Cheers

How many languages do you want on your server?

if it's only UK English, remove US Engish and reboot the server!

That will cure it!

Cheers,
Carl.

We have about 10 or so languages that users need to easily switch between.

Why don't you use Roaming Profiles?

The majority of multiple server installations use them!

Cheers,
Carl.

We do use roaming profiles. Sorry I think we got our wires crossed here. My question is: When I build a new server to add to my farm users who have roaming profiles log onto the server and do not see the language icon in the corner until they go into control pannel and enable it. I would like to sent it "on" as default to save them having to enable it for themselves. Once they have enabled it, it stays on. I know this sounds very nit-picky but these are the type of users I support. I also need to stop users logging onto a new citrix server getting the outlook "do you want to make outlook your default mail client" - again this they only get the first time the log on to a new server but they all complain about it. Thanks

I would have thought that those settings would be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and therefore, transported from Server to Server! So am bemuzed why they are not being integrated into the new server!

If you find which registry key is changed for the default Outlook question, you could always write the proper setting to a .reg file and import it by adding it to usrlogon.cmd

As for the correct langauge setting, you may be able to do the above but would need one for each user! This would be pretty hard to do! But not impossible!

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back