Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set crystal reports Connection to Audit DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi900

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2010
AU
hi,
I have few queries in regards to Audit reports..Before that my environment is
Unix SOlaris 10.2 (clustered with another box so 2Unix containers / Oracle 10.2 / BO XI 3.1)

1. I have enabled Auditing on both of the boxes but how do i figure it out if the auditing is acutally enabled.
I did enable Audit features for the servers that i want to be audited but still how to confirm this ?

2. Do I need enable auditing by going under each Crystal report under Audit folder and tick the box ?

3. I loaded ORACLE_AUDIT_BIAR file on server and then loaded the AUDIT_EN_BIAR files > this created an AUDIT folder and I can view all sections under it.

4. Will change the parameter for Acitivity Universe to point to my ORACLE DB... But i guess in doing so the option of DefaultBOAuditingDB will go away and get replaced by my ORACLEDB ?

5.How do I get more information on the metadata Schema of CMS (SI_infoobjects6 etc..) I tried to lookup and find any documentation which would say detail descriptions on what each table means but in vain.?

6. I just need 3 main Audit reports >>
a. Find the START TIme of the Report when Run and End TIME of REport when it finished populating records.
b. Find the number of Lines populated in the report after it has run ?
c. FInd the size of the report after it has run ?

How to go about just these 3 reports ?

please advise,

regards

1. Log in to the auditing database and see if there's any data there.

2. No.

4. This is not a parameter change, it is a connection change, and this is what you want.

5. The auditing db is NOT the same as the CMS db. You cannot connect directly to the CMS database and report on is as most of the relevent data is stored in a proprietary binary format, so you have to use either the Query Builder tool that comes with BO or write a program using the SDK to get to that data.

6. a. This info should be available in the auditing database.
b. Can't be done.
c. Can't be done through the auditing database. You would have to write a program using the SDK that would find the file in the Output File Repository and get the size of it.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Please do not crosspost. You have been asked not to do this before.

-LB

Sorry about that Lbass and Hilfy,

Wnt happen again. Apologies.

Hi,

Can we also track on Report Run times and/or Peak load usage / ?

Thats what we are after to find out on what the activity like in CMS and find out what will be peak times when reports are run and which reports? along with The report run time from STart to FInished populating the records ?

@Hilfy - you mentioned this can be acheived from Audit database ?
Can you please point me the field names from where I can get this info along with Field name for the report that was run against it.

Really need this info,

Please advise,

regards
abhi

I don't know them off the top of my head. However, if you look at the Activity universe in the Designer as well as looking at some of the default audit reports that should be available in BO, you'll see where to get all of this info. You may not even need to create a new report for this.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back