Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set crystal reports Connection to Audit DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi900

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2010
AU
Hi,

I wanted to know how can i set the datasource of all those crystal reports to the Audit database in CMS ?

I went to Datasource location under one of the reports properties but i cannot specify the DB as it doesnt let me type into it. It says Default Universe designer etc...

But then how do i point the complete set to work with my Auditing database.

I was after a report on which Report takes the most time to run and is the biggest report ?

Can anyone advise plese...

Using Oracle 10.2.0 and BOXI 3.1

please advise

regards

You need to open the universe named "Activity" in the Designer application. You then change the connection in the universe to point to your audit database. Save, export, and you should be good to go. This will change the connection for all of the reports that connect to the universe.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hello ppls,

I am doing audit reports at the moment. So i reset the connections of Activity universe found from Samples directory of BOE pointing to my Oracle DB.

Exported that to CMS and then tried to view the crystal reports but in vain.

However if I try to view some data through WebI I can see data being populated.

But i keep getting error as Failed Connection for xxxxxx.rpt when i try to view the reports in InfoView or even through CMS.

Do i need to change the database configuration as by default it says Universe designer and username being "sa". Rest all fields are blank. But I guess i cannot update each and every report like that under Audit folder.

so please suggest your point of view in solving this..

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back