Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set button to disable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperEngineer

Programmer
May 8, 2002
US

How do you set a button control to disable. I can see in this property at design time, but can't seem to find how to access it at run time. When the button is clicked, I would like to disable it so that the user can't click it again. Is this possible? Or do I have to do it with flags?

HyperEngineer
If it ain't broke, it probably needs improvement.

Code:
  // MFC
  button.EnableWindow (FALSE);

// SDK
  EnableWindow (hwndButton, FALSE);

xwb,

Thanks for the reply.

My program is an MFC Dialog based program. I have a button with nID IDC_GET_DATA. I can use GetDlgItem to get a handle to the control, but I'm not sure how to use this to get a name to use in the dot notation.

I tried to use the SDK solution, but it would only let me have on argument. When I do that, the whole dialog box is disabled not just that one button.

I would like to use the MFC solution if I can figure out how to get "button". Could you steer me in the right direction for this?

thanks,

HyperEngineer

Try
Code:
GetDlgItem (IDC_GET_DATA).EnableWindow(FALSE);

xwb

Works like a champ here at home. I will try it at work, but I know it's going to work there as well.

Thanks,

HyperEngineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back