Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Advanced Power Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrant1969

Programmer
Dec 13, 2004
US
I am looking for a way to tweak the registry such that the "Advanced" tab "Power Buttons" settings under the "Power Options" applet in the control panel can all be set to "Do nothing".

I've found ways to adjust the power scheme, but the advanced tab appears to be a separate function from the power scheme.

I need this as a registry tweak so I can push it out to something like 200+ laptops and this is a "per-user" setting, so doing it as the administrator at the time of build really is not an option.

Any thoughts?

I haven't really checked these links out, sorry, but see if anything looks useful.

Power Options disabled on XP notebook
thread779-999954

GPO / logon solution for power saving modes?
thread779-1303000

How to use Powercfg.exe in Windows Server 2003

To use Windows Power Options, you must have a computer that is set up by the manufacturer to support these features. For more information, see the documentation that came with your computer.

See if there are any worthwhile clues to be found in these semi-related links?

Power Schemes Do Not Save in Windows XP

Registry location to check.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PowerCfg\PowerPolicies

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\PowerCfg\PowerPolicies

Access Is Denied When Use a Limited User Account and Try to Edit Settings for Power Schemes(Q307066)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back