Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set a variable within VBScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc3596

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
I'll try to explain myself clearly. Here is some code...

<%

Option Explicit
Response.Expires = -1
Response.Buffer = True

Dim vScaleNo

%>
<input id="lazy" type="hidden">

call dice()

<script language="vbscript" type="text/vbscript">

sub Dice()

dim Prj

Prj = document.getElementById("CSSDK_D_Scale_Number").value
document.getElementById("lazy").value = Prj

end sub

</script>

question: can I set vScaleNo to the value of Prj? I have tried several things but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated. CSSDK_D_Scale_Number is being set somewhere else. So far, I know that "Lazy" is being updated properly with the value from "CSSDK_D_Scale_Number". I create the "lazy" control just to see it working correctly. I really just need to set the variable "vScaleNo" to the value of "CSSDK_D_Scale_Number".

[1] The position of
>call dice()
is completely wrong.

[2]
>can I set vScaleNo to the value of Prj? [/i]
No, not on the page like that. vScaleNo and Pjr live on different time and one on the server, the other on the client.

Basically I have 2 browsers on the screen. The 1st browser calls Dice() after someone clicks it and chooses an item in the new browser window. Dice() updates the input control "lazy" with the correct uniqueidentifier of what was selected.

Now, here is my issue. I have another browser that I need filtered from the first. The 2nd browser that needs filtering has a standard select list as its recordset. On the asp page it allows me to enter a where statement. It's all on the server at this point...

<input type="text" id="lazy">

<script language="vbscript" type="text/vbscript">

sub Dice()

dim Prj

Prj = document.getElementById("CSSDK_D_Scale_Number").value
document.getElementById("lazy").value = Prj

end sub

</script>
<%

.Column(iColumn).Section(iSection).Property(iProp).BrowserWhereClause = "CSSDK_R_Id=......."

%>

what I need is to have this statement...

CSSDK_R_Id= "lazy.value"

Hope this helps... If still not possible, can anyone offer an alternative approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back