Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sessions still open even though User has closed app 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMag

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
I have an issue when a user closes an application devlivered via Citrix the session is still left open. If they then try to re-run the app they will get an error that they are already running the app and can't run multiple instances.

Most of our apps are delivered via Novell Zenworks running on the Citrix servers and deliver the apps the user has access to, the issue we have is that NALWIN32.exe is still running in the session after the user closes the app and the Citrix server is keeping the user session alive.

How can I get the Citrix server to close the other running processes (NALWIN32.EXE etc) when the user closes the application?

Thanks

Simon.

Check out this article. The bottom portion with the registry key is what you need to look at. Seeing as you have already identified the executable that seems to be hanging the session you should be ok. To verify that is the process hanging the session you can always right click on the session and go to "session information." From there you can manually end the process you think is causing the problem. If the session logs off shortly thereafter you know that you got it...

We had the same problem being caused by ActivIdentity's Agent used for smart cards...

Thanks for that. I did do some looking on Citrix Support site later last night and found this. It has solved our problem and will cut down the number of calls we get from users saying they can't run the app.

Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back