Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sessions in HttpModule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidrp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2003
US
Hi All,
I am working on a web application where I am re-routing requests for a page to another page which manipulates the requested page's content and displays it.
I have written an HttpModule to trap the requests to these pages, I need to svae the URL in session before I redirect the user to the new location. I need this info to stream the content to the new page.
I am using session to save this info, but I guess Sessions dont get loaded till the HttpModule is loaded. Anyone has any idea on how to achieve what I want? Any code sample would be nice.
Looking forward to some answers
Thanks
Sid

how are u loading the session with values? u are using HttpContext.Current right?

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

yes..I am using HttpContext.Current.
I need to know in which methods should I retrieve the sessions and in which I should write so I can use them at runtime, at this point, they are not available at run time.
Thanks

>>I need to know in which methods

as in the pipe line methods of an HttpModule. i myself dont know much regarding that, the best place would be to check the MSDN website...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back