Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sessions drop during idle time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candidog

MIS
Jun 26, 2003
US
I work from home a few days a week usually using a Citrix connection. I connect from home to the office using a VPN client then using my Citrix client. I can connect to our citrix server from home and the session will remain on until I manually disconnect it. Now if i'm connected via my Linksys router (Linksys Business Class WRVSN4400N with Security) my connection drops at times. When I connected using the router the Citrix connection will drop when my session is idling for a bit. Now if I remove the router out of the equation and connect directly to the cable modem it works fine and my Citrix connection never drops when i'm at idle. Our Citrix servers are configured so no Idle session gets logged off.

Any ideas or solutions how I can get this working with my router?

Greg

Have you contacted Linksys since this definitely seems to be a router issue. It seems that the Linksys probably uses some sort of keep alive and as long as packets pass, it keeps the connection. When you are idle and no activity is happening the Linksys seems to drop the connection. It may be by design on the Linksys side, but there is probably a setting to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back