Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaik2001

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
US
I am using the Oracle PL/SQL scripting solutions for server-side web application development (PL SQL Server Pages for Oracle 8i). Can you sugest a reference or point me to a source where I can get information regarding creating session variables when a user logs into the appliation to create a transaction.

For example:
After a user successfully logs into the application, I would like to save this information as a session variable so that when a user completes the transaction, I would like to store the session variable (user login) data with the transaction data in the same table. This information can then be used by other procedures in a different transaction during the same session.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

thanq
Naj

Why bother? You can get pretty much all the information you need from v$session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back