Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Time Out problem happenning frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

silicon

Programmer
Aug 13, 2002
US
Hi,

Below is my current configuration in web.config file.
But session time out is happenning even if I am contineaously browsing or searching or requesting for new pages.
Is any idea where i need to change the configuration

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" name="ppp" path="/" protection="All" timeout="60" />
</authentication>

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false" timeout="20" />

Thanks in advance

Regards,

hi,

YOur sessions are InProc, meaning server memory is used to save sessions.

Please check your server memory consumption stats. Because if the consumption is too high the .NET engine will start to flsuh out session data...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

The Solution was IIS 6.0 Application Pools setting

When running IIS 6.0, there's a setting in the Application Pools that limits the worker process of sitting idle. So even if you set all the session timeouts to be really high in Web.config or machine.config, the worker process runs in its own threshold. So I unchecked the property and the sessions run fine now.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back