Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session state with loading balance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

happynewyear

Instructor
Dec 29, 2002
US
Happy New Year everyone!!!!

I have a question for you. I don't know much about how this load balancing is done. But I do know, that our site resides on two webservers and whenever one of them is busy and cannot fetch a page, the other comes to the resque. So, here's the question. If you need to maintain the user's session state, how does the second server know, that user has a session started on the first one and how can it keep track of session variables and all?
If you'd give me information on that, or links to sites where I could find it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last time I have a hard time to maintain session state on the load balancer. There is something got to do with the load balancer, I ask the cisco guy to configure the load balancer so that a user will "stick" to 1 of the servers once he surf.

You can find more infomation under IIS documentaion. ------------------
Freedom is a Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back