Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

session scope problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shonJava

Programmer
Dec 27, 2004
US
Hi All,

I have 4 diffrent jsp's(with form fields), when user enters all the data in 4 jsp's information and then submits he is redirected to success page. On the success page the user has link to first page to start again. Since Iam using struts and the bean scope is seesion all the values in the text boxes have been retained. I have to set this to session scope bcz the user can go back and forth. How can clear all the fields when the user starts again. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi,

How about calling a reset method of ActionForm before seding the user to the start page after completing the page. Try this hope it should work.

Cheers
Venu

As I said, I have 4 jsps and 4 forms and the on the last page when the user is done he has option to start again(<html:link action="/....">start again)
When the user clicks this link, he will be redirected to first page again, Can I call the reset() method of all the forms on this action. If I create form instance...it doesn't make sense..
I guess Iam missing something...;)
Any thoughts ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back