Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Manager registration via SBC, versus directly to Session Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

wareemba76

Technical User
Sep 14, 2012
AU
Does anyone please know about this scenario...

- As a SIP user, if I log on directly to the SM's (there are x2) on the LAN - the user can be seen as registered to both the Primary and Secondary SM under user registration. But not all of the time, looking..Sometimes only one SM is active\ticked under user registrations.

- If that same SIP user logs in from outside, comes in via our SBC - under user registrations that user is only ever registered to the 1 x SM. This is 100% of cases.

Users are of course configured with both a primary and secondary SM.

I'd really like to know if via the SBC should allow simultaneous SM registration of if this is just normal\symantics.

Best regards!

check out "sourced PPM proxy server" in your settings file.

Basically, it's by virtue of the PPM delivered by SM to the phone that the other IP of the 2nd SM is known by the phone - but if SM doesn't explicitly know that the phone is behind an SBC, i'll bet if you pcap'd your phone from outside the SBC you'd see it send a register to the internal IP of SM 2.

Also, what kind of SBC are you using, and do you have inside/outside interfaces for SM1 and 2 setup? I don't think you will be able to get the phone to register to 2 SMs on one outside IP.

If you have a whole subnet of phones outside the SBC, you can specify it in the settings file, but if you're working with soft-clients, there might be something you need to do in SM to arrange that mapping in SM under "Network configuration" and "Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back