Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Manager Entity Link Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dignoffo

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2009
US
We recently updated our Cisco switches, routers and firewalls and I discovered that the Entity Link monitoring between our ASM-1 and ASM-2 servers are down to CM with a 408 Request Timeout. I tried to deny and and accept new service on the links but no result.

I can ping between the CM and ASM servers so it does not appear to be a layer 3 issue.

Any suggestions?

SIP entity monitoring is done using SIP OPTIONS messaging over the port(s) \defined in the SMGR(usually 5060 or 5061). ICMP (ping) uses a totally different port so pinging between the ASM's isn't a good test. Have your network team make sure the proper ports are open.

Wanebo,

Thank you. I will reach out to our network team as I am suspicious some changes were made.

Wanebo,

I have worked with my network co-worker and we have ruled out either a network or certificate issue using Wireshark.

Is our next step a reboot of the SM servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back