Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

session lost when returning from paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezierstek

Programmer
Aug 30, 2007
FR
Hi,

I have a page that when an order is made goes to paypal to process payment then passes back to a payments page to confirm payment.

In IE7 this is fine and it all works as expected, however in Firefox it seems that the session ends as nothing is displayed on screen (the first thing these pages do is check for the user being logged in using sessions).

Is there any reason for this that people can think of?

PHP simply checks for the existence of the session and validates against it to check if the person has rights to continue or not.

the funny thing is that I can't even find the session in my Firefox cookies file even though they show up in the cookies manager.

i think mozilla only saves the cookie to file later in the process - so that's why you might see it in the cookiejar but not in the filesystem.

otherwise, my best advice is to debug a bit - echo out all the session, post, get, cookie and environment variables that you're getting before and after the paypal interaction and see what's going wrong. from recollection you might also need to pass a session or other unique variable to paypal so that they can hand the session back to you sensibly. the paypal instructions are very comprehensive.

Thanks for the reply.

I got on to my host as I know the code I have should work (it is reused from previous projects). They didn't know what was wrong but it suddenly started working anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back