Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Is Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

stilllwaiting

Programmer
Nov 6, 2000
US
Hello everyone, I've searched the forums for this for some time, and can't find a fix.

We switched to Cold Fusion 7 from Cold Fusion 5.5 about six months ago. After the switch, we were hammered with a few hundred "Session is Invalid" errors. After a brief web search we found the culprit was the inconsistancy between CF session timeouts and jrun jsessionid timeouts.

After a little testing, we found that matching the timeouts basically fixed the problem. We'd get one of these maybe once a month, nothing worth panicing over.

Last night though, with no changes having been made to the server or code in any way, I woke up to about 100+ of the same message. I've searched the web, but can't find anything that would cause this besides the inconsistancy of timeouts between the two sessions.

If anyone has had this problem or has any advice on a temporary fix to catch this issue and restart the jsession without losing all the CF session data, I'd really appriciate it.

Thanks

Given us an example of how your calling/defing these sessions. Take the session that gives the most error and wrap its calling within <cftry><cfcatch> to see the exact error (in case you haven't do that already).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back