Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Disconnects - TN3270 Pool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lring

MIS
Jan 22, 2002
US
Does anyone have experience with using the TN3270 Service with LUA Pools. We have a problem where sessions seem to go away. A user connects and then the client application indicates the sesion is disconnected. It also seems on the HIS Server that the session is disconnected but the session remains locked up until the time out period is exhausted. So the user cannot do anything during this time.

Any ideas?

HI - long time no hear

We're going to be doing a set of experiments with LUA to TN3270, and also direct (no client) access from an emulator to TN3270.

I'll let you know if we run across that problem

What TN3270 client will you be using? We have done most of our development with the Host Front application from Farabi. They provide tools for developing a web enabled front end. The problems we encountered had to do with how we had the pools set up and load balancing across multiple HIS servers. We set up the HIS Servers as the Telnet Hosts using the TN3270 service and communicated to the host via DLC. We had the application front end supporting up to 400 concurrent application queries. The Host ended up becoming the bottleneck. Let me know how your testing goes.

Good to hear from you again.

I wish this forum was more active.

First - we'll be trying two clients on HIS 2000 SP 1 - IBM Personal Communications, and also the HIS 3270 client. Our objective is to create sessions that support 3270 extended atributes (reverse video, blink, etc.)

Second, we're wondering about HIS 2004, and whether that is relevant to our efforts.

Third, we'd like to create TN3270 sessions where the LU apparent to the z/VM - z/OS host is tied to the workstation ID - i. e. do what you can do with a"ssign workstation" over a sponsor connection but do it with the TN3270 server.

Cordially, Concepts2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back